Most of us know grilled tomatoes and onions, and sometimes even eggplant or mushrooms. But there’s actually plenty of vegetables you can grill next to the meat that upgrades every barbecue meal. And here’s the first surprise: beets!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Provence or Tuscan spice mixture
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 medium beets
- Slice the beetroot into 1-1.5cm-thick circles.
- Mix all the spices and mix well with the beetroot.
- Set aside for half an hour to mix the flavors.
- Cut a large sheet of foil and fold in half. Place the mixture of the beetroot with the marinade on the sheet, forming a pouch that will close the beetroot with the marinade. Close well.
- Place on the barbecue for 25 minutes.
- Open carefully (be careful of the steam, it’s very hot), remove the beetroot circles and place them directly on the barbecue.
- Grill 3 minutes on each side.