* A cake with a relatively complex preparation process but worth the time investment. Although it contains sweetened condensed milk containing sugar, it is still a healthy and relatively low-calorie and low-carb cake compared to other cakes.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 10 separated eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Ingredients for Condensed Milk Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 220 grams condensed milk
- 400 grams sugar-free condensed milk
Chocolate Cream Ingredients
- 200 grams low sugar dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pinch of chili powder (yes, chili)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cocoa and coconut flour and put aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the yolks with vanilla extract, cinnamon, honey and coconut oil until you get a uniform cream.
- Add the dry ingredients into the yolks in slow motions until the mixture is uniform.
- Whisk the egg whites until you get an airy foam, add the lemon juice and continue to whisk until you get a firm foam.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture in gentle folding motions until the mixture is uniform (be careful not to break the foam).
- Grease and flour a round springform baking pan (24-26).
- Pour into the pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- The cake must cool completely while preparing the remaining ingredients.
Preparing the Condensed Milk Sauce
- Mix the ingredients of the sauce, bring to a boil over low heat while stirring and put aside to cool.
- The sauce must be completely cold before continuing.
Preparing the Chocolate Cream
- Place the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat and melt the chocolate while stirring constantly.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Let the cream cool completely and when it’s cold put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk with a manual whisk or manual mixer until you get an airy cream.
Assembling the Cake
- Remove the cake from the pan.
- Pour the sauce over the cake slowly to let it absorb.
- When pouring make sure that some of it also runs on the sides so it gets absorbed from the sides as well.
- After the cake has “drank” all the sauce, remove it from the pan and cover it in chocolate cream on top and on the sides.
- Refrigerate for an hour to stabilize.