Coconut Flour English Muffin – Gluten-Free & Low-Carb
Published March 12, 2016
Quick and easy English Muffin from coconut flour, gluten-free and low-carb. 20 minutes of preparation and you have fresh muffins for breakfast.
It used to be no sugar, then no starch, then no fat and now it’s gluten free. Why?
Well, the answer has two parts:
- A lot of people that don’t have celiac are still sensitive to gluten. The main symptoms include chronic diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, swelling, anemia, and fatigue. Celiac patients also suffer from these symptoms, but more severe.
- The second reason is eating foods that contain gluten. Even if the person is not sensitive to gluten, but overweight or struggling all the time to stay slim, it’s better to drop the gluten. Gluten itself is not what causes the phenomenon, but the foods that contain gluten. So if you cut out gluten, you are actually cutting out starch and empty calories as well.
Why coconut flour?
On the other hand, coconut flour not only doesn’t contain gluten and other harmful substances, it’s actually very healthy and does wonders for the body.
For in-depth article on coconut flour and its benefits click here
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon of honey or agave syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC/ 400 ºF.
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the baking soda with the vinegar.
- Add to the dry ingredients the other ingredients, including the mixture of baking soda and vinegar.
- Divide in two, create balls and flatten with the hand.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the muffins golden-brown color.
- Fry on both sides, for half a minute on each side, on a ceramic pan without oil, or on a non-stick frying pan with oil spray.
- Slice the middle and fill with your favorites.
Non-stick ceramic pans
Click picture for more information
You prepared this dish?
Tell me how it came out, and I’m here if you have any questions 🙂