A soup with a very interesting taste – not exactly spicy but with a “small bite” – good for cold winter evenings as a treat. It’s even better if you add some croutons with garlic.
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 stalks finely chopped celery
- 1 small cauliflower broken into flowers
- 2 cm finely chopped ginger cube
- 4 cups of water or chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Put the onion, celery and ginger in the water and bring to a boil.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the spices over low heat.
- Pour into the boiling soup while stirring constantly.
- Cool a little.
- Grind the mixture with a hand blender or food processor and return to the fire.
- Bring to a boil and cook for another 10 minutes.