A very tasty quiche that also easy to make. Also suitable as a recipe for someone who is just starting out in the kitchen. The nuts add a special flavor and delicious crunchiness.
- 6 eggs
- 400g spinach cut thinly
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (you can use parmesan instead)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (you can use regular yellow cheese instead, less healthy)
- 1/2 cup white soft cheese or cottage
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a pie pan with oil spray.
- Saute the onion for 5 minutes. You can do it longer if you like a brown onion that is a bit sweet.
- Whisk the eggs in the mixer on low-speed, and add milk, cheeses, salt and pepper while whisking.
- Add while stirring the spinach, onion and nuts.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 45 minutes.